teacher – writer – tutor
Freelance writer, specializing in interview-based profiles and research-based service articles published in:
- Washington Family Magazine
- Baltimore’s Child Magazine
- Reflections (Telling Our Stories Press, 2015), an anthology of ultra-short essays
- Our Parish Times (regional newspaper)
- The Daily Drunk Literary Magazine
Educational tutor, offering virtual tutoring services via Zoom in:
- language arts for grades 7-12, including grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and writing
- essay prep for high school and college admissions applications
- standardized test taking techniques and language arts sections for HSPT, SSAT, SAT, and ACT.
Previous Work Experience:
- Retired professional educator with thirteen years of experience teaching full-time and tutoring middle school language arts. MSDE certified through 12/2021.
- Former paralegal and negotiator with twenty years of experience primarily in commercial real estate and shopping center management.
- Twenty-plus years of experience in public speaking, community theatre, and middle school performing arts as actor, director, producer, and writer.