Teacher – Writer – Tutor
Do you need help becoming a stronger writer? Please contact me for information on virtual sessions on grammar, sentence structure, vocabulary, and essay structure. Writing – concisely and on point – is the single most important tool for success in high school and college as it affects all subject matter.
Freelance writer, specializing in interview-based profiles and research-based service articles published in:
- Huffington Post
- Washington Family Magazine
- Baltimore’s Child Magazine
- Reflections (Telling Our Stories Press, 2015), an anthology of ultra-short essays
- Our Parish Times (regional newspaper)
- The Daily Drunk Literary Magazine
Educational tutor, offering virtual tutoring services via Zoom in:
- language arts for grades 5-12, including grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, and writing
- essay prep for high school and college admissions applications, sessions include brainstorming, editing and revising, tips and techniques to “write to the prompt”
- standardized test taking techniques and language arts sections for HSPT, SSAT, SAT, and ACT.
Previous Work Experience:
- Retired professional educator with thirteen years of experience teaching full-time and tutoring middle school language arts. MSDE certified in English grades 7-12 through 12/31/2021.
- Creator and instructor of a HSPT prep course.
- Creator and instructor of writing workshop for middle school students and rising freshmen.
- Former paralegal and negotiator with twenty years of experience in drafting, negotiating, revising, and closing commercial real estate deals, primarily in shopping center, office building, and mall development and management.
- Twenty-plus years of experience in public speaking, community theatre, and middle school performing arts as actor, director, producer, and writer.